Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Boredom Buster Activities, Part II

Welcome!

All kaleidoscopes by inkspired, using KaleidaCam app


‘The only limits in our life
are those
we impose on ourselves.’
- Bob Proctor


My last blog was not complete
and I had promised to add to it,
so here we go!

I have been teaching since my first
Bible lesson flannelgraph
at the early age of 6 years old.
I am pretty sure I have gotten better with age!

I found similar ones from simoneoficinabiblica.blogspot.com

Now I stick with teaching crafts.
You name it, I have probably at least tried it, 
if not actually having taught it.

From Fresh Farmhouse, no photo credit

I’m a Craft Junkie.
There, I’ve admitted it!

From Jo-Ann Fabrics

What shall we start with?
Remember, these are boredom busters.
Things that will help keep you AND the kids
Happier.

Today is a beautiful day -
perfect for some sidewalk chalk painting.
This is easy to transition for any age or ability.
Why not do some scenes,
take photos and share them
with grandparents that cannot come visit right now?

B-Inspired Mama

You could read a book to the kids,
then recreate some of the scenes
outside, with chalk.

Some books I am thinking of that would be fun:

* Curious George
* Where the Wild Things Are
*King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub & He won’t Get Out!
(One of my favorites!)

Next Boredom Buster idea:

Tissue Paper Art
I found some fun, new-to-me techniques
that all use tissue paper.


Bleeding Tissue Paper (NOT ‘bleed proof’ permanent)
Plain white cardstock or similar 
Spray bottle filled with water

How to:
Place white card on a cookie sheet, 
or something that can get wet.
Randomly place tissue squares, circles, etc 
on plain white cardstock.


Saturate with water from spray bottle.
Let dry.
Brush off tissue paper scraps - done!


For older kids:
Use a paper punch to punch out shapes from your
finished tissue paper art.
Turn these into greeting cards,
Journal additions,
or refrigerator magnets.

Here is a beautiful ‘upgrade’ for your older kids to make:

From a Hearth and Vine magazine article, 2016


Next Tissue Paper project:

Tissue Paper Snow Art
Special effects with tissue paper and SNOW!
Part of the fun with this one is collecting the snow!

You will need:
a cookie sheet
White card stock
Tissue paper cut or torn into smallish shapes
Bowl of snow

How-to:
Arrange your tissue paper shapes on white card stock.
Cover card/tissue paper with snow.
As snow melts, you will see some 
beautiful and different results!
Let dry. Brush tissue paper off.

Snow covered tissue paper on white card stock

Stampingwithloll.com


This cardstock will make beautiful backgrounds 
for greeting cards.
For youngest kiddos cut a large, simple shape. Place on top of tissue paper finished art, and frame.
Or
Cut a largish shape from the finished tissue art cardstock and mount it on a coordinating piece of card or poster board. Be sure to hang this!
Budding artists need the encouragement 
of seeing their work displayed!
I think that will get you started on some fun projects that the kids will enjoy, and you will too!

More to come...

‘Til next time,
inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment