Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Mauve-elous Mauve

 Mauve!


What a subtle, changeable color!
Is it Pink?
Purple?
Is it a warm color or a cool color?


Yes! To all of the above

Today let’s explore a color that changes depending on the season, current fashion dictates and perhaps…
the slant of the sun!


- many of my photos have been found on Pinterest, with no ID or credit given. If you can help me give credit where credit is due, please leave me a note. Thanks!

No matter whether it has brown added -


Or blues -


Or a little more red -


We can still call it mauve.

In my head I have a certain shade I think of as mauve.
While researching this blog, I discovered that there are many more shades to identify it than mine.
Depending on who is promoting the color, these next shades are ALL considered mauve:




In fashion it seems designers tend more towards a pink shade of mauve -


The gown Princess Wilhelmina von Halwyll wore for her 
1865 portrait by Charles Edouard Boutibonne


J&J Slater. American, 1894. Metro Museum of Art

“Mauve? Mauve is just pink 
trying to be purple.”

- James A. McNeil Whistler

Kaleidoscope by inkspired

We find mauve in home decor -


Found on Pinterest

Home decor, photo by inkspired

Home decor, by inkspired

We find Mauve in Nature -


Octopus tentacle
National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD, USA





Nudibranchia ‘Margined Egg Cowrie’ photographed by Richard Goluch
Lembeh Strait, Sulawesi, Indonesia



and of course I have to add -
Barbie fashions!


Fashions by ninimomo




Kaleidoscope by inkspired

Mauve greeting cards (by me!) -





Mauve on your walls -






Mauve 



I do hope some of these wonderful shades come through decently to your monitors.


You can wear mauve around your neck-

Beads Magic Designs


Original design beaded necklace by inkspired

Lady Beadle Designs

or from your ears - 

Mini Tassel Designs, Etsy 
Polyvore Designs

Look for mauve in the garden -

Medinella Magnifica, Philippines 




Arina Atelier, Pinterest

I have had so much fun finding Mauve colored things for you -
I hope you have enjoyed it!
Now…
Put on those mauve-colored glasses and see what YOU can find!

‘Til next time,
inkspired

You can find me on Pinterest here:
K. Kloberdans



No comments:

Post a Comment