Wednesday, March 22, 2023

12 Days of Christmas Day 12

 “On the twelfth day of Christmas 

My true love gave to me-

12 drummers drumming!”



My apologies for making everyone wait for Day 12.

Sometimes Life gets in the way.

Sometimes Death pops in unexpectedly.

But here we are, and we have some True Love gifts to finish up!




If you are using the rhyme to help you remember some faith-related items and people, then the 12 days stand for the 12 apostles.

This causes some people headaches.
Jesus started out his ministry with 12 hand picked men to be his followers. Disciples. Foundations of the Church you could say. Apostles.
Only Judas Iscariot threw a wrench in the plans (or did he?) Since I believe God knows all, and is in charge of all plans, kingdoms and happenings, then I believe Judas was a part of God’s plan from the beginning.
I know, pretty radical stuff.
So when Judas I. killed himself, did that eliminate him as an Apostle? Human reasoning would say Yes! But that leaves us with 11 Disciples (Apostles). So where is number 12?
Paul! (Formerly known as Saul). You can read all about it in the New Testament. His turn-around from persecutor to follower is really quite miraculous.
So with Paul generally accepted as an Apostle, that brings us back to 12.
12 drummers drumming.
Littlemotorcar, Digital artist, Pinterest

Only please,

Do Not say the rhyme was historically written for religious purposes. It wasn’t. Just a children’s rhyming game that became super popular, then out of favor until put to music in 1907.

This illustration is one of my favorites!

Green Box Art

And I must add in some Sandra Boynton humor,

of course!

By Sandra Boynton

People use slightly different order of gifts,

mostly depending on whether you are American

or English-European.

I have laid out my 12 Days of Christmas 

in the traditional American (North) order.

Is it the ‘right’ one?

Dunno!

But it’s the one I’m familiar with!


Here’s an unusual painting of the 12 -

By Alice and Martin Provensen


Here is a more modern look, 

with all kinds of different drums.

Pinterest


Here are a couple of different ways you can easily draw a drum:

ColoringPages101.com





BigActivities.com

You never know when you might need a drum that needs drawing…

…or need a cross stitch pattern -

FreePatterns.com


Shelley Wexell posted on Pinterest 

Well, that is the summary of 

The 12 Days of Christmas

On the 12th day of Christmas 

my true love gave to me-

12 drummers drumming

11 pipers piping

10 lords a’leaping

9 ladies dancing

8 maids a’milking

7 swans a swimming

6 geese a’laying

5..golden..rings!

4 colley birds

3 French hens

2 turtle doves

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!


Posted on Pinterest

I hope you have had fun,

learned a little history

and maybe tried a craft or two!

‘Til next time,

inkspired








No comments:

Post a Comment