Sunday, February 5, 2023

12 Days of Christmas Day 11

 “On the eleventh day of Christmas 

My true love gave to me -

Eleven pipers piping.”


The Paperface Store


But what kind of pipes are we talking about here?

Metro, Pinterest 


What with all the birds cooing, cawing and generally making a ruckus;
Cows mooing, tap dancers tapping, and gold rings clinking…

This whole Christmas giving thing could cause a girl to have a serious headache!

These pipes could be much more soothing -

Alene-art.com

But these pipes would NOT!


Or were those pipes not musical at all?

By S.H.; Pinterest


I certainly hope not smoking pipes!
Pipe smoking has the same carcinogens as cigarettes,
With toxic chemicals and a large dollop of nicotine thrown in.
Pipe smoking is NOT safer than smoking cigarettes, and increases your chances of developing these lovely cancers:
Head and neck cancers
Liver cancer
Bladder and pancreas cancers
Mouth and tongue cancers

Still think pipe smoking is ‘cool’?
Then get ready for a higher likelihood for 
heart disease, lung disease, COPD, erectile dysfunction, stroke and multiple dental problems.

I think my true love loves me much more than that, so I’m going to stick with the musical pipers piping!


I also happen to be one peep who likes to listen to bagpipes.
(I know, weird, huh?)

But back to our eleventh day of fabulous and varied gifts, all from my true love.

From a favorite artist, Sandra Boynton

Here is a nice coloring page -

Londonderry images.com

And a really nice needlepoint ornament with bead accents -

Uploaded by Diana Sagmoe

I like this simple piper as you could cut him from wood, or paper, or fun foam - anything really!



Here is another version -


Next I have chosen a simple line drawing of a flute -

Edupics


Lately I’ve been playing with shrink plastic (Shrinky Dinks). I think this line drawing would look great in rainbow colors and turned into Shrinky Dink charms.

I think it’s time to wrap up the 11th day,
With another fave illustration -


I found this on Pinterest. It is 1/2 of a 2 page spread.
Pipers 10 and 11 are on the unseen page.
I still like it!

So far we have 11 pipers
10 lords
9 dancing ladies
8 milkmaids
8 milking cows
7 swans
6 geese
Assorted baby geese and eggs
5 golden rings
4 Colley birds
3 Hens, French or otherwise
2 turtle doves that could possibly be peacocks instead
1 partridge (or possibly a peacock)
1 pear tree (or a cedar tree)

Whew!


Next is 
12 drummers drumming

As if there wasn’t already enough chaos!

‘Til next time,
Inkspired


Some sites I checked out while researching this blog, in no particular order:

oncolink.org
tobaccocontrol.bmj.com
verywellmind.com
Pinterest
Wikipedia 



No comments:

Post a Comment