Monday, February 10, 2020

To laugh, or not to laugh...

Welcome!

Kaleidoscope of a jigsaw puzzle

I think humor is an essential part of living.
Without laughter,
we humans are pitiful things indeed.

Humor has gotten me through many
difficult situations.



Laughter releases endorphins 
that make you feel good.

It reduces stress.
Now who can’t do with less stress?


There are so many things that strike me as funny!
Sometimes it is just a photo,


or a sign I see along the street.

Sometimes it is a meme that is meant
to make me chuckle.


Silly cartoons,
people just being themselves,
funny animal antics
or just a child laughing
can all get me giggling...


Say, I think my blood pressure just went down!
Just another free benefit of humor.

Some of my friends say I am ‘quirky’
and that I have an ‘odd’
sense of humor.

That’s okay!


Life throws all kinds of nasty little things at us.
Sometimes constantly.
Dwell on them and become sarcastic,
bitter and grumpy.

No one wants to be around someone like that. Miserable;
Always seeing the bad, the ugly;
Being self-absorbed and narcissistic.


Today I offer you a challenge!
For 8 days
find something to laugh at
and write down what it was.
Take a photo if you wish.

It can make you giggle, chuckle
or an all out belly laugh,
but find at least ONE thing each day.


You never know, you might just get a new habit.

I DO know you will feel better, calmer,
and more in control
when you can laugh at something
- or even at yourself!

Do share with us if you can,
and help cheer our day.
I look forward to hearing from you.


‘Til next time,
inkspired

A Sandra Boynton cartoon
One of my favorite humorists.

No comments:

Post a Comment