Friday, November 1, 2019

November nuances

Welcome!
Autumn Wreath


We still do not know
One thousandth of one percent
Of what nature has
Revealed to us.”
-Albert Einstein 



I love Fall.
I love the warm colors it gives us
after a sunny and bright summer.

Kaleidoscope by inkspired

I hope today finds you healthy, happy and safe.
I have friends that do not have all three of those things 
very frequently.
I am thinking of you today
from my heart.


Recently I have been making Christmas presents.
Don’t yell at me,
because I mentioned Christmas, in November!


Thanksgiving is an important holiday in our home,
BUT
if I plan on making presents to give in December
I need to start around July!
I would love to share some with you,
However I don’t want to spoil 
the gift surprise.
Dilemma!


Let me share a recent card I made using used postage stamps.
You can easily duplicate this with items you have already.
🧡


Greeting card made with used postage stamps by inkspired

Gather your materials first:
*used postage stamps cut to size you want.
(I usually try to cut just outside the perforations)
*scissors, glue or tape
*cardstock for card base
*cardstock scraps complimentary color
*saying
(Could be a cut out, sticker, die cut, stamped image -
Whatever you like)
🧡
Glue postage to scraps of cardstock.
Trim edges. Decorative scissors can be fun to use.
🧡
Arrange your layout BEFORE gluing.
Glue/tape squares in place.
🧡
Use a piece of double stick foam mounting tape
To stick one or more in place if desired.
This gives dimension and interest to your card.
🧡
Add sayings both inside/outside as you please.
VOILA!
You have a great handmade card to give to someone dear.
🧡
Repeat as desired!
Now you can start asking friends to save their used 
postage stamps for you.
Each stamp is like a miniature piece of art.

Another example of a card with a used postage stamp.

I hope you try this recycling card tip!
I love to see your work,
Please share!
🧡

Kaleidoscope using KaleidoCam app
And inkspired photo


Have a wonderful day
And look for the warmth and beauty
All around you.
🧡

‘Til next time,
inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment