Thursday, August 29, 2024

Seeing Technicolor Dots

 Welcome!

Zazzle, Pinterest

I’m seeing dots…

Technicolor dots…

Polka dots!

Shinoda Design Center


It all started out with an innocent question -

‘I wonder why polka dots are called 

polka dots?’

Then things started to snowball…

More questions -

‘I wonder if polka dots were around before the polka dance?’

‘What is a polka dot, anyway?’

‘Do you think there are polka dot quotes?’

Instagram

…and more questions -

‘Is it a polka dot if it’s in color?’

‘Are polka dots just for fashion fabrics?’


So, I wrote a blog on the history of polka dots - and had so much fun!

But,

Now I see dots…everywhere!

They cover couches, bounce on bedding, shuffle over shoes, fondle fingernails and glam up gloves!

Posted on Pinterest by JAN


Nothing is safe from these dots!

Damian Hirst’s mini                

So, like any good friend would do,
 let me share them with you!
Fulton umbrellas


I’m seeing polka dots 
in nature:

Sheila Kazzazz, Pinterest

Math House Academy, Pinterest

Bubble tip anemone 

And in the office:
Refinery29 Australia

Humgard


They are in the water:

Boxfish, Ken McWilliams

1930’s style retro stage


Guinea Fowl Puffer Fish


And in the desert:

Glamping, posted Pinterest by Lee Berry

Tomas Castelazo, Flickr

I see polka dots inside:

Posted on Pinterest by Humberto Chacon


Homesthetics

Remodelaholic; Pinterest


And outside:

Art installation



There are dots on feet:


Louis Vuitton and Yayoi Kusuma collection

Tablescapes by design

And dots on hands:

Ultimate Innovations




And more dots for your face:
Zerouv

Walmart

You can find polka dots on top:

SHEIN

Poshmark

And polka dots on bottom:

Poshmark

Retro Stage
 
And even dots top and bottom:

Lotstrends


Charlie jumpsuit; K. S. Garner

There are dots in the kitchen:

Vintage blue enamel, Wendy Corning 

Pinterest 


And dots in the den:

Koltuk

East urban home; Wayfair

Now when I go out 
all I search for are more dots!
I find them too:

On magazine covers -


At sporting events -

Duchess Sarah Ferguson, Who, What, Wear

They even flip flop around!

Old Navy

Yes, it’s time to stop all this dotty distraction -


but then I see -

More!
And more!


I think I’ll relax, and just go read a magazine.


(Anne Hathaway in People magazine)

Sigh.


‘Til next time,

Inkspired



No comments:

Post a Comment