Sunday, December 3, 2023

December meanderings

 Welcome!

I’m so glad you stopped by today!


I have started, and stopped, numerous blogs to you. Life has been a crazy roller coaster ride for a while. But, this too shall pass. That’s the adventure in life, isn’t it? Things change. They will change and they do change. And that’s ok.

Posted on Pinterest by Cheezburger

Pardon my lack of formatting today. If I wait until this blog gets ‘pretty’, it will take me another couple of months! At least at the rate I have been functioning.

I write about things that interest me. That might interest you. That made me laugh and I want to share the giggles. Things that are pretty. Or unique. Or just awesome! Things I never knew, that maybe you might like to know too.



Our sweet Nessie has decided to clone herself, starting with enough dog hair to make an exact duplicate. Every other day. Really.
Does she not realize Winter is approaching? She might need to keep all that fur to stay warm?
Oh. 
She has a favorite plushy blanket in practically every room in the house to curl up into.
Guess staying warm with fur is not an issue…

‘Nessie’

And there is a typical example of what my brain is doing these day! Bunny trails galore.

Some people call it ‘Chemo Brain’.
Ok, that works for now, but what was my excuse the last 25 years?!
😁
So let’s get started down a path for today.
I might find bunnies, or Easter eggs or even a dinosaur or two. Who knows? But let’s enjoy the time together, shall we?

Posted on Pinterest by Bored Panda


I love creating unusual, creative and beautiful greeting cards.
Little pieces of art, if you will. They are portable, easily given and a nice way for someone else to remember I am thinking of them. Care about them. 
It releases some of my creative energy that is always buzzing around inside me.
I have a plethora of cards, to say the least.
(Plethora - wonderful word by the way!)
I decided a few months ago if I wanted to continue making cards I needed to de-stash some.
Actually send them off to people! (Radical idea). So, I’ve been doing that.
Fun!
Here are a few samples I have made with micro-waved pressed florals, most from my garden.




My friend S and I are actually glad winter is upon us, so we can stop seeing all these wonderful florals, and feeling irresistible urges to pluck them and press them!
Our stash will definitely carry us through any and all projects til next Spring!
Here are a few more samples:





Using my Micro-Fleur press really preserves the color, and from picking to pressing to pressed it can be less than 2 minutes and you have flowers ready to create with.
No more old telephone book stuffed with dried crumbling flowers!
You can find the Press and accessories online. A bit pricey, but it lasts ‘forever’ and makes a huge difference in the outcome. Too many $? Check out some other brands. S found one at a local Fabric Store for $9.99 that is very similar. Clearance though. Just be sure it is micro-wavable.

I use 1/2 school glue (Elmer’s) and 1/2 water, mix thoroughly. Then 1 ply Kleenex, wax paper and a sponge brush onto a cardstock base. Iron after dry. Let me know if you want more specific directions. 




I have gotten positive responses to my Card Campaign. It works both ways. The receiver gets a note and a bit of unexpected cheer (I hope!), I feel good about myself, and I now have room for more cards I can create! Win, win.

I know the trend is everything is ‘online’. Save trees. Don’t waste paper. But it’s very hard to place an I-phone on your  dresser, or at the dining table, to be reminded that someone cares about you.  They thought about you, made something just for you. Wanted to let you know you are important. These things are why I hope we never as a society lose the personal touch of a card to hold in your hand.
Phone calls are good.
A card in hand is good.
Don’t get me started on texting!


Chemo effects:
- tired
- weird loss of tastes
- bloody nose
- blisters on face
- incredible water weight gain
- hair? What was that?
- dehydration
- bone pain
- die where I stand fatigue

Karen wins:
- naps, whenever I want
- oatmeal is good
- Kleenex with lotion is my friend
- this too is temporary. Kudos to makeup.
- minimize long needless trips
- hats, cute!
- water. Water. Oh yes, and water.
- Claritin - who knew?
- soft sofas and beds

I consider myself The Equalizer at the moment! Stuff gets thrown at me. I cry. I get a bit angry. I find the humor and laugh. I get on with life. So what? Did I think life would remain the same forever? Of course not! When has it ever?
And I write blogs with bunny trails.

Hope to see you again. I’ll try to make it sooner than later for the next one. I enjoy our time.
Sincerely,
Inkspired







No comments:

Post a Comment