Sunday, September 13, 2020

It’s always time for tea!

 Welcome!

All kaleidoscopes by inkspired and KaleidoCam app

Well, I am going to try to make this new Blogger format work. I have had limited success in the past couple of months. I keep hoping they will work the bugs out sooner rather than later.
πŸ˜•
So, today’s blog adventure is 

All About Tea


I think this cutting is by Julene Harrison

There’s just something about a hot cup of tea...


Vintage advertisement (1920-1930)

We have recently had snow (!),
so out came the boxes of tea that have been put away for the summer.
We are pretty much hot tea drinkers only.

Colder temperatures call for hot tea!

One of my favorite artists, Inge Look


Okay, just gave up on the new format.
I am Sooo glad I can switch to the old one.
That goes away the end of this month.
😩
By Cardthartic, Pinterest

A Rosina tea cup from my collection

So many kinds of tea...
here is a nice chart to help with steeping times:


Courtesy of an article in BestofTips, 2017, Pinterest 


Tip:
Pour hot water into your cup first, then empty.
Now put your tea of choice in and add hot water.
It helps the steeping time and taste.
Created by inkspired using the WordPack app.
Meinesvenja, post from perpulchra, Pinterest

Cuecas na Cozinha, Pinterest

“There is something in the nature
of tea
that leads us into a world
of quiet contemplation of life.”

- Lin Yutang, The Importance of Living


Another favorite artist of mine, from Sydney, Australia
Matou en peluche (Etsy)


A Royal Albert tea cup from my collection

“A cup of tea would restore
my normality.”

- Douglas Adams
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, screenplay


Novelty teapot found on eBay, Pinterest & Etsy





Next is a fun chart I found that suggests
what tea to drink when you are
in a certain mood -


A Lenox teacup from my collection

Tea advertisement from the 1890’s
Vintageadbrowser.com


“My dear if you could give me
a cup of tea
to clear my muddle of a head
I should better understand
your affairs.”

- Charles Dickens,  Mrs. Lirriper’s Legacy

Stephanie/31 Daily, Pinterest
HubPages, Pinterest

Well, that’s it for today!
Thank you, sincerely, for taking the time
to read my meanderings
and letting me share beautiful art with you.
Oh yes! and also for giving me a place
to share paper dolls, quotes and poems.
❤️

‘Til next time,
inkspired 

Truth:
 (usually discovered either before coffee, or 10 am)
Be aware when pouring boiling water from the kettle;
it works best if the spout is actually 
over the cup.
Date learned: 9/12/2020, 8 am.



No comments:

Post a Comment