Sunday, August 30, 2020

Collections

Welcome!

A fruit kaleidoscope by inkspired using the KaleidoCam app

Growing up my father represented a few different publishing companies.
He would fly out to the conventions,
man a booth and teach classes in between.
Found on Pinterest, posted by BuzzFeed


He always brought back a little something 
for my sister and myself.
I think my sister chose snails,
I have no idea why!
So she would get some kind of snail trinket.


A collection of vintage tractor seats
Designer studio M.Barnes&Co, Athens, TX
Posted by One Kindesign

My mom was a child prodigy
and a gifted pianist.
Dad would always find some kind of piano for her.


A collection of vintage cameos
Beauty Blog Leslie

After one trip he brought me home
a stuffed animal made from tightly packed felt.
They were popular in the 1970’s.
So.....that’s what I ended up ‘collecting’!


A collection of vintage metal dustpans
North44Vintage

Since then I have discovered many different things
that I enjoy collecting.
Too many, probably!


Created by inkspired From a sheet of stickers

12 days of Christmas ornaments is one thing I collect.
I also enjoy making my own 12 days ornaments
with found objects,
 such as small milk cans (8 maids a’milking)
and fanciful eggs (6 geese a’laying).
And of course paper!


A paper cow ornament made by inkspired using Cricut designs

I thought it would be fun to see some things
that other people collect.
I am also always looking for new ideas 
to display my collections.


A collection of vintage hangers!
Bl a do Lobo 


A collection of antique snuff bottles
LiveAuctioneers


A collection of vintage crocheted hot pads
inspirationsdeco.blogspot.fr

In doing a bit of research for this blog,
I found it absolutely fascinating what other people collect!

I also found some clever ideas for display.


A collection of Disney pins displayed on shaped cork board and framed
From Etsy

Let me point out-
Winnie the Pooh has Pooh character pins,
and the balloon he is holding displays
Disney balloon pins!
Clever. Very clever.

A collection of vintage thermos containers
Collector Kyle Bitters, Cleveland, Ohio, USA

How many of you carried one of these to school every day?

How many did you drop, and hear the ominous
sound of metal clinking inside?
☹️


A unique display of collected seashells
Kirsten and Ted’s Green Dream
Apartment Therapy

I really like these simple shelves.
Easy to install, and they could hold all sorts of
things that we might collect!

In a tight space I would probably come up with
some kind of ‘sticky’ to hold the items in place
in case they were accidentally bumped.


A collection of antique and vintage metal whistles
the whistle gallery.com

Well, that’s it for today.
I do hope you have been inspired to get 
something you have collected out of that
drawer or box, and display them.
This is for you to enjoy, 
but also so others can appreciate them!


Three of the tea cups I collect, displayed on Cricut cut paper doilies

‘Til next time,
inkspired

You can find me on Pinterest -
K. Kloberdans
and see several of my collections!


I collect used greeting cards, cut them up
and make wreaths out of them!

Stay safe,
Keep your mind active,
and your hands busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment