Friday, May 1, 2020

Comfort Food

Welcome!
All kaleidoscopes by inkspired and KaleidoCam 

I recently made my favorite sour cream coffee cake.
I had not made that for at least 10 years!
The taste was so familiar and comforting.
I have been using that recipe for almost 40 years,
from a cookbook given to me as a wedding gift.

Perhaps you would like to try it!

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 Cup butter or margarine
2 Cups sugar
2 eggs
1 Cup sour cream
2 Cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 Cup chopped pecans
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Grease and flour Bundt Pan, or angel cake pan.
Cream butter and sugar well.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beat well after each addition.
Fold in sour cream and vanilla.
Mix chopped pecans, brown sugar & cinnamon.
Set aside.
Mix remaining dry ingredients. Add to creamed mix.

Pour (glop) 1/2 of mixture into prepared pan.
Sprinkle 3/4 of pecan/brown sugar/cinnamon on top of mix in pan. Do not let mix touch sides of pan.
Top with other half of batter; 
sprinkle remaining nut mixture on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
(I usually bake 50 minutes)
Cool cake 10 minutes.
Loosen all sides with spatula,
turn coffee cake out of pan.

Enjoy!

From MILLER’S “Collection of Recipes”
By WJ Miller, c.1972


Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share?
Type it in the comments section and I will share if I can!



I love this simple idea to ‘Mouse-ify ’ your pizza!



Here is a little baking tip:

After unwrapping a stick of butter,
Use the paper wrapping to grease your pan.
and
Spoon in flour to your measuring cup.
Do not shake it or tamp it down -
unless the recipe specifically says to.
Then use the flat handle of your spoon to push off 
any excess flour, making it even with 
the measuring cup’s top.


Posted on Pinterest by Get Away Today Vacations

I thought this was a really cute idea, and so easy!
I bet Oreo cookies would work also,
or any chocolate type sandwich cookie.

 Posted on Pinterest by NORTHCAROLINACHARM.COM

Another quick and easy decorating idea 
to add some Disney Fun to your cupcakes.

A little thrifty hint I do -
After any holiday is a great time to purchase
paper muffin cups
and candles.
After Christmas the stores’ candles sell
for as much as 80% off.
I find plain white, red, green, gold candles at great prices.
And
Many of the seasonally decorative paper cupcake liners
can be used at other times of the year.
My family doesn’t seem to notice
if they get red hearts in May on their muffin papers!

That’s it for today!
Let me know how you like the sour cream coffee cake!

‘Til next time,
inkspired

On my wish list!


No comments:

Post a Comment