Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Handmade and Recycled Holidays

Welcome!

Kaleidoscope by inkspired


 ‘The color of springtime is flowers;
The color of winter is our imagination.”

- Terri Guillemets

After a few snowy days of below freezing temperatures 
the sun is shining today,
the snow is melting
and all is well.



Kaleidoscope by inkspired

I have been busy working on Christmas presents 
for friends and family.
I think the old stigma of
handmade = cheap & tacky
is long gone.
Yay!

Now, there are still cheap and tacky handmade things out there,
But overall I feel the craving for quality and beauty
has become more desirable.


A tiny paper village created by inkspired

I had never made a village quite this small!
Challenging, yes.
Super fun, YES!

The basic shapes are cut with my Cricut Explore Air2.
Everything else I hand cut - 
curtains, Christmas tree, wreaths, window boxes, etc.
Here is another one I have made -

This one has all the windows made from vellum.
It is tealight village, where you can place flameless tea lights behind each house, and the light shines through,
Very pretty!
I like to use the flickering tea lights for atmosphere.
All of the poinsettia decorations I have hand cut 
from used greeting cards I have been given.

I love to cut paper!
I love to recycle!


A beachside nativity created from rocks.
Credit: unknown

I found this fabulous renovated dollhouse on a 
Crafty Group I belong to.

Angelina D. Christiansen 
is the designer.
She bought an old plastic dollhouse at a garage sale for $5.
Just look what she did with it!





Recycled dollhouse by Angelina D. Christiansen

Wow!


Black and white kaleidoscope by inkspired


Sooooo
Go pick up a rock or something...
and see what you can create with it!
Or, grab something destined for the trash can
and let your imagination run wild!

Have fun,
And don’t forget to tell someone
‘Thank You’ today.

‘Til next time,
inkspired

Truth: (based on experience)
If The Dog is sick,
and has an accident on the floor
during the night (almost always)
this will be the night you forget to wear slippers.
😳



No comments:

Post a Comment