Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Robin Hood and Maid Marian

Welcome! 

Director Mel Brooks’ “Men in Tights” version of Robin Hood


First, my apologies for 

dropping off the edge of the earth.

I have been planning and teaching classes at the local Senior Center, and preparing some of my paper collage art to be displayed at our City Hall’s Art Show.

I am submitting 5 pieces for the Summer Art Show.

Yay!

Very exciting time for me, but also very busy and yes, stressful time too.

So my blog fell behind.

I did just finish and post a blog about the country of

Luxembourg

found in the western part of Europe.

Why Luxembourg?

Because I have blog readers there, and I knew very little about the country. 

(See other similar blogs I have written 

like Brunei and Portugal).


Star Trek Next Generation humor

But let’s get back to Robin Hood!

As I mentioned in a previous blog about 

Robin Hood -

while researching the Man and the Myth
I discovered so many wonderful book covers, book plates, posters, paintings, illustrations…
I really wanted to share a few more with you.
Ones like this:

Published 1965

I found this one interesting as Robin is painted with rather uncommon blonde hair.

I always try to give credit to whom it is due,
but sometimes I just hit dead ends.
Like this one -

Published most likely in the 1920’s

Love the dog in this one -

“Robin and Marion”
Thomas Frank Heaphy
1813 - 1873

There have been numerous movies, comic books and tv series about Robin Hood.

BBC tv series


Walt Disney’s “Story of Robin Hood”



Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Some serious,
Some ‘historical’,
Some humorous…
And everything in between!

Mel Brooks’ “Men in Tights” movie



Along with tv, movies and books
there has always been merchandise to go along with the current story.
I have collected a few paper dolls of
Robin Hood and Maid Marion -









These are a few of the many outfits that Peck-Gandre’ has included in this wonderful 
Robin Hood and Maid Marian paper doll set.

I love how some are pre-colored 
and some you color yourself.

A vintage cigarette card, included with
Carreras Cigarettes, for collectors


Next I have a few Liddle Kiddle fairytale paperdolls -







If you print these out you may have to fiddle with the sizing, as they are not all from the same source.
I did find them all on Pinterest, however, with a few posted by WordPress.com

Here is a pattern to make your own Robin Hood type hat! Adjust the pattern to fit -

You can also easily make this from paper,
newspaper, light weight card stock…
🦊

A still from Walt Disney’s animated version of Robin Hood.

Here’s a simple pattern to make Robin Hood type shoes!
Posted on Pinterest; no info

From a series by Rafael Tuck, 1900. Artist: Trelleek

A statue of Robin Hood in Nottingham Castle,
Nottingham, England 

BBC tv series; Robin Hood

 Next I found a few comic books about 
Robin Hood.


I am not comic book ‘savvy’ and could find no further info about the above cover.

If any of my readers can interpret the cover for me, I am happy to give credits and dates!


Circa 1957


Circa 1970’s

I need to stop!
But there’s still a lot of movies and artists and book covers and paper dolls I haven’t posted yet.
Well, it’s looking a lot like there’s gonna’ be another blog about Robin Hood in the near future!

I hope you have enjoyed this blog as much as I have had fun researching it.
Drop me a note and tell me what you think…
‘Til next time,
Inkspired

Myinkspiredart@gmail.com
Pinterest: K.Kloberdans












No comments:

Post a Comment