Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Angels in her belfry

Welcome!

Kaleidoscope by inkspired

and so our story continues..

Ruth you are just not going to believe 
what just happened to me!
I was filling our household water jugs down at the well
And one of those 
smelly sheep-kissers from outside town
walked right up to me, bold as can be!
Wanted to borrow my ladle to use
as a drinking cup!
Yes, yes, of course I told her to get lost.
Ick.
But that’s when things got strange...
She just kept standing there with a dazed look on her face.
Obviously sunstroke, I could tell.

Artist Anton Mauve

Well, you know dear what a generous and giving woman 
I am, so I drew some water 
and put it in an old broken cup and gave it to her.
It’s the least I could do, poor thing.
Yes, yes, Ruth I am trying to tell you!
This ‘shepherdess’ started talking about light 
and singing and something about a king.
I didn’t quite get it all, but it sounded like
a king had just been born!
As if that’s news. Everybody knows
about King Herod and all his little look-alikes
spread all over Israel.
But,
I’m sure she said there were angels singing.
Can you imagine seeing an angel?


Artist Irina Y. Lombardo 

Why I would just faint on the floor 
I would be so scared!
This little sheep-herder said the angel told them
To not Be Afraid!
Then she said the whole sky was full of angels
And they were all singing!
Obviously she was delusional, don’t you think Ruth?


Found on Pinterest from a post on The Shinbone Star 

Just imagine,
seeing that many angels!


Unknown artist

She still looked a little overheated...
or something,
so I led her over to the half wall to sit in the shade there.
It was the least I could do.
You wouldn’t believe how bad she smelled...


No Photo credit found.

Well!
I never!
Ruth just up and left; looked like she was headed
to the well. Wonder what she wants there?
I didn’t even get to tell her about that whole 
Peace On Earth thing.
Well, it’s her loss.
I’m feeling a little hungry for some dates...
or maybe some new grapes would be just the thing...

The saga will continue...

Meanwhile...
I want to share with you some beautiful
paper cut work by
 Odeta Brazeniene.
I am a member of the Papercutters Guild with her.
She came up with a very clever idea of
‘Angels on a stick’!
Kinda’ catchy, but oh so pretty!


Paper angels by Odeta Brazeniene


She even was gracious enough to share a pattern with us.




You should be able to take the base pattern and 
add your own embellishments/designs.
Affix to a stick, 
and look around for the decorating opportunities!

Wouldn’t these be beautiful as a 
 vase arrangement of real or silk flowers
and a bevy of white angels?

Take a gold or silver pen and highlight 
a few spots on the angels.
Place in a silver bowl with large white ball ornaments.
Tuck in a couple gold leaf embellishments as accent.
Elegant!

Take them to the country with an enameled water can.
Fill with marbles, and place angel sticks in side.
Color your angels with markers,
Gel pens, whatever you prefer.
Tie torn strips of gingham around each
Angel stick, and the handle of the can.
Throw in some jute for added effect!
Charming!

I hope you have enjoyed my little saga,
and do try out Odeta’s angel pattern.
Then share!

‘Til next time, 
Inkspired


Kaleidoscope by inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment