Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Outdoors beckonings

Shanti

'Peace' in the Hindi language, spoken in India

The outdoors is beckoning me.
Here are some of my dreams -


A beautiful garden oasis in my back yard...

Painted Rock art

Longwood Gardens, PA I think

with lots and lots of flowers.....


a pattern re-worked for scherensnitte by inkspired

Monet, 1872

I might even find a few fairies...

vintage illustration

vintage illustration

I would love to have hummingbirds among my guests...


but of course all birds and animals will be welcome...
c.1917 vintage songsheet
courtesy of Indiana Music Library (website to the right of my blog)

a Great Blue Heron, courtesy Dover

as long as they are well behaved!

a sweet kitty waiting for his forever home
Cat Care Society, Lakewood, CO

But, as happens to many dreams,
my chores are getting louder in their demands for attention,
not least of this is a big 163 lb. Great Dane who is 'reminding' me
It's Dinner Time!

so, until another day....

inkspired


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Really enjoyed this . It makes me think that summer is around the corner. Thanks for shareing this. Loved the mermaid. check your e-mail


    your friend glenda

    ReplyDelete