Thursday, June 9, 2011

Comforting Home

Hello!


Today I woke up to heavy gray skies, with almost no wind.
All along the Front Range (Colorado) we have smoke haze.
The HUMONGOUS fire in Arizona is affecting us,
700 miles away.
I went online and looked up fires across the USA.
Wow.
Lots.
Thousands of acres.
This is our backyard. The picture is from last year.
This year we have had buckets more rain.
Our backyard is much greener at this time than usual.
See that gray sky? That is what we are having now.
BUT...
The smoke haze has given us
some incredibly beautiful sunrises (so I have been told)
and some wonderfully beautiful sunsets (so I have seen!)

Here is a photo of a gorgeous sunset, looking out our front porch:
God still amazes me
with shows like the one above!
There are no duplicates!
Each one is unique!
Wow.

 Photo I took of a bighorn sheep posing for us, Rocky Mountains

Today I feel like being cozy.
Thomas 1940's cottage

Minnie Mouse's conservatory, WDW,with a palm tree. Look closely!

Staying home, reading a book.
Petting Tanner, and occasionally JT when he lets me (he's a cat, you know).

Tanner, taking a nap without me

J.T., ignoring me

Baking a cake.
Making a casserole.
Comfy clothes.


These paperdolls come from Denmark.

For reading:
Georgette Heyer is an incredible Regency Romance author. She is from the early 1900's. She is considered the first Regency Romance author - all others have copied her!
She wrote Regency romance,
Historical romance
Mystery,
and Historical books.
Bath Tangle
I grew up reading Georgette Heyer,
and Emily Loring.
Great books, wilth no steamy sex,
no infidelity shown as positive,
and if you're 'good' you will get rewarded,
and the 'bad' always get justice!


Here is a super casserole that I grew up with.
It is from the Betty Crocker's
Picture Cook Book, revised
1956
Cedric's Casserole
(Cedric Adams, popular master of ceremonies and columnist - this recipe is a favorite in his home.) It also is the only way my Mom could get us to eat cabbage at the time!

1 med. onion, chopped
3 Tbs butter
1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
6 Cups coarsely shredded cabbage, divided
1 can (10 1/2-oz) condensed tomato soup

Saute onion and butter.
Add, heating through but not browning, ground beef, salt and pepper.
     (I always end up mostly browing it!)

Spread in a 2 quart baking dish 3 Cups coarsely shredded cabbage.
Cover with meat mixture.
Top with 3 more cups of coarsely shredded cabbage.
Pour (or kinda' dollop, for me) one can of condensed tomato soup.

Bake covered, 350' oven, for one hour.
Makes about 6 servings.
Try it! It really is good!

c.1911

A good day to bead!
Here are a couple of simple beading patterns
to get a head start on July 4th celebrations:


Check out http://www.bead-patterns.com/ for tons of free bead patterns. They also have many many for-sale patterns.

Well, that's my cozy day planned.
I better get started!
First, I'll put on some of my favorite music:

Norah Jones


Bette Midler's "Bette of Roses"

Josh Groban, pretty much any of his!

Have a super super and relaxed day!


inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment