Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Splish! Splash!

Welcome!
 All kaleidoscopes are by inkspired and KaleidoCam 

I did some weeding yesterday.
Planted some wildflower seeds and
watered everything in the front-
Flowers,
Birdbath,
Trees,
Some grass,
and...ME!

Fortunately it was a nice day in the 60’s.
It got me thinking of swimming pools
Which always gets me thinking about

MERMAIDS!

An original Collage Art Doll by inkspired

I have no idea when my fascination
with mermaids began.


I’m not anything like my sister,
So perhaps I was left on a doorstep,
or found on a beach...

I know this is a well known artist but I sure can’t find the name! Sorry.

She always did tell me they found me on the doorstep. She told my parents to 
‘Put her back!’
But they didn’t listen, so here I am....

Susan B. Pearse (1878-1980)


Mermaid lore has been around for a very long time,
across many cultures.
Artists have been mesmerized,
Poets have been enchanted
and People have dreamed.

 Found on Pinterest where no credit was given. Grrrr...

 An original ooak collage art doll by inkspired
‘Mermaid Wedding Dress’
An old TWA airlines poster


  Bookmark, sold on Etsy


Vintage illustration

Found on Pinterest - love it!

Would you like to learn how to draw a mermaid?
I found a couple of How-To-Draw sheets:

 By Maxine Lee Makkie



I also found some sea creature friends
you can add to your mermaid scene.

 By WooJr.com

 By 10minutesofqualitytime.com

By Macidrawingjournal.thewhitestyle.ru


Vintage Peter Pan art with meme 

Next are some more realistic 
mermaid interpretations:

 I really searched to try and find the artist who painted this, to no avail.
I think she is an absolute beauty among mermaids.


By Anita Greene, found on Pinterest



“The Promise” by Victor Nizovtsev

Mr. Nizovtsev is one of my favorite mermaid artists.
😋

That’s it for today, because beside the sea,
Others are calling me,
For instance,
Laundry,
An unmixed coffee cake,
Vacuuming,
Dead head my daffodils 
Deliver to neighbors
Label and address card;
Give card to post office
Pick up dog p**p
Clean my craft room
Finish painting rocks
Oh...
the List just goes on...
and on...

Or a nap could be good.
So could gluing some cards...
So many choices we have!!!


‘Til next time,
inkspired

Truth, (usually discovered before 10am,
or before coffee)...
Your coffee will not heat up in the microwave
if you don’t turn on the microwave.
No matter how long you wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment