Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Fairytale Cottages

Phyongh'wa

'Peace' in South Korean

Traditional wedding costumes paper dolls for Mexico and Korea


Today is another fantasy, fairytale kind of day!
It's 101 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
Sunny with no clouds or chance of rain...
I'd say it's high time for a little fairy-tale dreaming!

Fairy tale Toad House, http://www.claysoul.etsy.com/

I have had way too much fun looking at way cool cottages
with fairies, elves and such.
So naturally, I have to share with you!


'Brighton's Fairy House'

Just as I said yesterday, I don't have much if any information on many
of the fairy cottages that I found.
If you know of a name, or where they are located,
please drop  me a note so I can credit the photos.
Thanks!


I adore the look of a thatched roof!
I understand they need a fair amount of upkeep, and replacement every so many years. So, they would be ideal to rent!!!
I've always wondered what the bug factor is with them?

rounded thatched roof, http://www.cdn.home-designing.com/


"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
for I would ride with you upon the wind
and dance upon the mountains
like a flame!"

- W. B. Yeats



unknown source, probably Dover Books

'Commoner's Quarters', www.mygardenrocks.etsy.com


'Storybook House' is 12 inches high

I found some great vintage fairytale house type paper dolls,
many of them from OrigamiBears, but also gathered elsewhere.





'Moreland Cottage, 1785'

"Misty Green" stamped scene by Stampscapes


Solebury Township, Cottage with 1788 additions


'Congratulate yourselves
if you have done something strange
and extravagant
and broken the monotony
of a decorous age.'

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


cottage circa 1958



cottage in Giethoorn, Netherlands

a European Farm House, historical


"Don't let weeds grow around
your dreams."

- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
from 'Life's Little Instruction Book, Volume II'


Hansel and Gretel Cottage in the Forrest


'Neighbors' stamped scene using Stampscapes stamps


'Witch Cottage', circa 1920's, California


This next one just cracks me up.
A fine example of scherensnitte!


'Queen of the Double Wide' hand cut by http://www.lisoloo.etsy.com/


'Blue Moon Gnome Home', from etsy but I'm sorry I don't have the exact addy.


you can purchase this at: http://www.artputz.etsy.com/
Charming!


"Between every two pines
is a doorway to a new world."

- John Muir

With that, I bid you good-day!
See you soon!!

inkspired

"Broccoli Butterflies Wood Sprite"
original Collage Art Doll by inkspired



No comments:

Post a Comment