Friday, April 20, 2012

Humor for all and special humor for friends

Eacepay

'Peace' in pig latin
spoken by children everywhere


Today, we need humor.
I read the Yahoo headlines many times before I start my blog.
It is mostly depressing, with a few humorous shots if you really look hard.

In today's blog
you shouldn't need to look too hard!




"If a woman has to choose
between catching a fly ball
and saving an infant's live,
she will choose to save the infant's life
without even considering
if there is a man on base..."

- Dave Barry, humor writer


vintage page from an old Sears catalog


Did you know that laughing can lower your blood pressure?

Did you know that laughing can extend your life years?

Did you know that humor in a marriage = longer marriage?

Lily Damita, a 1920's starlet

What do you get from a pampered cow?

coloring pages courtesy of Dover Books

'Spoiled Milk!'


What lies at the bottom of the ocean
and twitches?


'A nervous wreck!'

What goes CLOP, CLOP, CLOP,
BANG, BANG,
CLOP, CLOP, CLOP?



'An Amish drive-by shooting!'

Now remember, humor is humor.
It is in its' truest form not meant to be derogatory or demeaning
to any one people, race, gender, disability...
you get the idea.
So, take my humor at face value.
Do not read into it any deep religious undertones,
or a hidden agenda against ___________ (fill in the blank).
My humor is just something that makes me laugh,
and I hope it makes you laugh too!



Clowns make us laugh!
Sometimes intentionally, and sometimes not.
Sometimes in costume,
and sometimes not!

Victorian vintage clown head illustration


c.1920 courtesy of Indiana Music Library

Songs can make us laugh!

c.1919

How can you not laugh at this song sheet cover?

'Old Fashioned Garden' (with a stork and a flapper?)
from the 'Hitchy-Koo Musical Review'!



'When I die, I want to die like my grandfather -
who died peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

-author unknown

cast of TV show - '3rd Rock'

Doncha' love John Lithgow?!

and another favorite -

Jerry Lewis, who loved to play the 'fall' guy for Dean Martin,
yet was terrific all on his own too!

Notes on true friendship:

Promises I give to my friends -

When you are confused ... I will use little words.
When you are scared ... we will high-tail it out of here.
When you smile ... I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
When you fall ... I'll pick you up and dust you off.
When you are sick ... Stay away from me until your are well again.
I don't want whatever you have.
When you are worried ... I will tell you horrible stories about How Much Worse it could be until you quit whining, ya' big baby!!
and last, but not least,
When you are sad ... I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey after drinking a 6-pack of Mountain Dew!!!

"The hat' original Collage Art Doll by inkspired

Well, that's all she said, folks!
Have a great day,
and share a favorite joke, poem, pun or quote with me -
I can always use a good laugh!
:0)

inkspired



No comments:

Post a Comment