Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Leaping Lambs, Batman!

Hi!
I love Robin's constant side comments to Batman in the original TV series of Batman & Robin. Makes me smile just thinking about it!

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do.
 I have had fun on the job.
I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours."
- Walt Disney
art work by Kim Thompson, etsy 

Here's a lamb in a bit more quiet moment:

You have to admit, they sure are cute!

I don't know if this stat is still current,
but a few years back New Zealand had more sheep than people.

From vintage sheet music. See side bar for web site.

Here is a sweet little lamb book:
Wee Little Lamb

"Spring is when you feel like whistling
Even with a shoe full of slush."
- Doug Larson

Today I am doing leaping lambs in photos, mazes and coloring pages.

Now, don't think just because you are an adult you can't do coloring pages. One of my favorite memories of my mother is when we would sit down and color together. She always had the BIG crayola box of crayons. When we colored together I got to use that box of crayons too! She would take one page and color it so carefully and pretty. I would delight in examining the finished picture to see if I could find a place where she had colored outside the lines!
Mom taught me another thing. After you finish a project - like a coloring page - you sign your work. She always put her special initials "PT" sign, and the date. I learned to do this as well.

As I became a crafter, a seamstress, a ceramics painter, and then a rubber stamping fanatic, this was an invaluable lesson:
Be proud of your work.
Finish it to the best of your ability, and then put your signature mark on it.
Never be ashamed of the creative flow you have.
This is something I have done. and I am important.
Therefore, the work I do is important too!

Here is a beautiful downloadable Easter card featuring a lamb.
I adore The Toymaker's wonderful, wonderful artwork.

"Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life and bid thee feed
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
 Making all the vales rejoice?
Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
-William Blake
  Songs of Innocence,'The Lamb'

Another adorable lamb:

and another coloring page:

Well, I think that is all for today. I have laundry and house cleaning to do. Tonight I am making Mrs. Schindler's Chicken dish, a recipe my sister gave me. I will give you the recipe for it tomorrow. It is so yummy....

Have a lamb leaping day!
inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment