Friday, February 22, 2013

bit of blarney

Siochain

(Gaelic for 'peace')

Dun Dealgan, Ireland

Saint Patrick's Day is coming!

When?

Soon!

How Soon?

Very soon!!!

(slight paraphrase from an hilarious scene in 'Romancing the Stone')



vintage graphics


c.1869
(c. means 'circa', or in this case I use it for 'copyright')



For today, we will celebrate a wee bit of blarney to get ready for

St. Patrick's Day!!


vintage clip

Now, is that a leprechaun,
or just a little boy?



vintage clip

I'm sorry, I don't have any 'where I found this' addresses for most of my vintage Irish clip. If it is 'yours', let me know and I will give credit where it is due.


I was playing around on
Fun!

Barbie Dolls of the World Festivals
Irish Dance
2007
Barbie Princess Dolls of the World
Princess Ireland
2002

Here is a safety pin pattern for the Irish flag:

If you are confused, do a search of my blog for 'safety pin patterns'
and also
'safety pin tutorial'
You will find the basic directions and how-tos!
You will also find LOTS of patterns!!
:0)





I suspect I got these from origamibears but I really don't know where they're from.



c. 1914, Indiana Music Libraries 

Well, that's all for today. I have errands to run, and a very messy house to pick up!
Oh yes, and Tanner tells me he needs mucho petting today also!

Do you have your green on yet?

:0)

inkspired
www.inkspired.etsy.com
www.collagepaperpainting.etsy.com
and on pinterest: kkloberdans

c.1919

No comments:

Post a Comment