Thursday, January 5, 2012

Feeling nautical with a few mermaids

AHOY!

courtesy NorfolkDailyPhoto.com

I've always loved this pic. I like it when seemingly mundane things
like a construction site banner
is made into something with creativity
and preferably humor!

Well, I am feeling a bit more like it is a new year!
I hope and pray that yours is well so far!
(and will continue to be).


I kind of view life like a rock.
We all start out pretty ugly, plain and rough around all the edges.
Then BUMP! we run into something hard
and it chips off a little of our exterior.
Then SWOOSH! something bowls us over, head over tails.
and more of our hard and ugly outsides are cracked off.
A hint of color starts to show.
WHAM! we get hit with news like a ton of bricks,
and yep,
more of our hard outer shell splinters off.
Life continues.
And each time something hard or painful or difficult comes our way,
something that we would never choose for ourselves
knocks us down....
we can let a little of our inner beauty show,
our inner strength shine through.
We may all start out as plain and ugly rocks,
but that is only hiding the beauty of what we can be
inside.
Sometimes the ugly rock is so familiar
that we don't want anything to change
so we carefully seal each crack that may show.
We might fall apart otherwise.
But,
by keeping the harsh exterior in place,
we lose the opportunity to become something truly beautiful
and unique.
Yeah, I kind of view life like a rock.

I'm sorry, I don't have credits for this beauty.

So lately it's been feeling like LOTS of things are determined to chip away at me.
Even wanting to crush me.
But
I am so grateful that I have an even BIGGER God
Who loves me,
and who wants what's best for me,
and loves me just the way I am -
rough edges and all.

Oh boy, am I so grateful for that!

'Mermaid's Night on the Town' original Collage Art Doll by inkspired

This mermaid is one of my newest, and I just really like her!
Do you get my quirky sense of humor?
A mermaid with legs...
A night on the town....
Perhaps I was inspired by the movie "Splash"
with Tom Hanks and Darryl Hannah.
We watched it a couple of days after I created her!

a mermaid/anchor tattoo, artist unknown

I just finished a set of four
'Vintage Snowflakes' Collage Art Dolls
I look forward to scanning them and seeing what you think.
I'm getting ready to do some other 'vintage look' Collage Art Dolls.
The ideas keep coming....
and so does all the paper trash!!!!


The maid of the sea
By James Hogg
Come from the sea,
Maiden, to me,
Maiden of mystery, love, and pain!
Wake from thy sleep,
Low in the deep,
Over thy green waves sport again!
come to this sequestered spot, love,
Death's where thou art, as where thou art not, love;
Then come unto me,
Maid of the sea,
Rise from the wild and stormy main:
Wake from thy sleep,
Calm in the deep,
Over thy green waves sport again!


photo taken from a sand sculpture contest
sorry, I don't have any other details.

hand painted seashell banner www.LoxlyHollow.etsy.com

sunscreen ad
I know I have shared this in a previous blog,
but I just think it is a cool photo of a mermaid!!!
:0)

“Why do we love the sea?
Is it because it has some potent power
To make us think things we like to think.”
-         Robert Henri


'Long and Lean Mermaid' original Collage Art Doll by inkspired

That's all for today!
Sweet dreams....

inkspired

hand painted and stamped domino magnet by inkspired
 

No comments:

Post a Comment