Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Autumn leaves budget crafts, coloring sheets and free paperdolls with quotes

Bueno!

As I look outside through my frost splattered window
it is hard to think about bright autumn leaves, crunching leaves in the park, etc.
I haven't finished with Fall!
I am still thinking of beautiful colors, and warm drinks of apple cider,
lots of squash recipes with soups and stews...
brisk walks in the twilight.

Not today!
It would be more like slushing through city park
and seeing lots of fallen leaves covered with sloppy snow.
My brisk walk in the twilight would be my
oh-no-it-is-so-slippery trudge!!!

c.1908

"Delicious autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth
seeking successive autumns."
- George Eliot

white oak leaves



Can you make Lenci more clothes?

Have you missed the window of opportunity
for gathering and pressing Fall leaves?
No fear!
Here are two wonderful decorating and reycling projects:




Please do be careful when dealing with old lightbulbs.
If I recall correctly, there is something lethal inside,
 like a small amount of mercury or something.
Just to be sure, wear craft gloves (or surgical gloves) when working with them. Work in a ventilated area, and dispose of the innards into a container
to go to the trash. I would use an old coffee can if I had one.
If not, I would wrap in plastic. Then wrap that in plastic and then dispose of.

If there are regulations or anything out there that I am not aware of,
tell me!
I have made leaving a comment SOOOO EASY!!
no sign-ups
no sharing of your e-mail
no requirements,
just leave a comment!!!!

If  you don't have fresh evergreen in your area,
go to the craft store. They make amazing silk leaves and flowers now!
They also have dried florals, like the purple flowers in the lightbulb.
The craft store is also where I get my clear glass ornaments.

There are many retailers that skip Thanksgiving,
and go straight from Halloween to Christmas.

For those of us in the United States that is so
wrong!!!!

Thanksgiving is a truly American holiday.
Unique to us!
It is a time to be Thankful for all that God has given us,
and for the friendships of people we previously didn't know.
There is so much to be thankful for:
good health
and good health for our families and friends
eyesight
family
good friends
children - not neccesarily our own!
healthy food
a roof over our heads
the freedom to say what we want to
the freedom to do what we want to (within reason!)
the freedom to worship God as we choose
a loving pet companion (dear Tanner)
computers that work!
scanners and printers that work!
the USPostal Service for delivering mail
your significant other (that means you, Michael)
being literate
my air conditioner
my furnace
good neighbors
a car that runs
oh my, the list would just go on and on.

But most importantly,
I am thankful for God, and His incredible gift to me-
salvation through His son, Jesus Christ (Yeshua).
It just doesn't get any better than that!
:0)


"Winter is an etching,
Spring a watercolor,
Summer an oil painting
and Autumn a mosaic of them all."

- Stanley Horowitz



Why not make your own leaf people?
Cut and fold your cardstock to desired size.
Take a pressed leaf or a silk leaf and place glue on edges and center.
Adhere to cardstock.
Draw faces, arms and legs around the glued down leaves.
Color with favorite art pens/pencils/crayons/etc.
Add details with a fine tip permanent marker.
Fill in areas as desired with stamped acorns, small leaves, tree branch, etc.

These would make pretty refrigerator decorations,
or frame on the wall
or send as a Thanksgiving card to friends and family.
Cut out individually and seal with plastic (laminate).
Place a flat tape-type magnet strip to back. 
Super gifts to a teacher from his/her student!

Sorry that's so blurry, but it came in a really small file.

If you haven't had snow, why not print out this sheet,
and give to each child.
Then take a walk around to see which ones you can find!
You could laminate the sheet if desired.


vintage little French girl paperdoll

Well, the snowplow just plowed our street.
Amazing!
I am getting ready for the craft fair
at the Brighton Senior Citizen Building.
November 5, 2011
8am - 2pm

It would be so fun if you stopped by and said hi!


"Sharing and giving are the ways of God."

- Sauk Proverb

Wood Cherry Fairy original Collage Art Dol by inkspired


inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment