Wednesday, November 23, 2011

73 countries and over 152,000 page views!

poko'j
- all one word, with the ' directly above the 'o'
(Polish and Slovakian for 'peace')


Today I wish to recognize all the beautiful countries that have checked out my blog.
I just feel so honored that other people like what I am doing!
It is very self-assuring and quite wonderful!

Here is the amazing list:
 
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bolivia
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Brazil*
Brunei
Bulgaria
Canada
Columbia
Croatia
Czech Republic*
Denmark
Estonia
Egypt
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Jersey
Jordan
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia [FYROM]
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Mexico
Netherlands*
New Zealand
Nigeria
Norway
Pakistan
Palestinian Territories
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Scotland
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
Trinidad & Tobago
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Vietnam
Wales
wow.
That's 73 different countries.
* countries that I have featured in previous blogs

http://www.skyscanner.net/
If you don't see your country listed, please forgive my oversight,
and drop me a note!
My new comments section is very easy to leave a comment.
Lofer Province, Salzburg, Austria
girls carrying harvest crown during the Harvest Festival 

If you all only knew how much I would be delighted to visit you and your country!
I do have a traveling heart, but alas my feet have remained pretty firmly in the USA.

40th Annual Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA International Balloon Festival
I did visit both Mexico and Canada while growing up.
I have fond memories of our long-haired dog, Snuggles, playing in the snow in summer in British Columbia, Canada!

We also have a hilarious family story that concerns Mexico, traffic lights and policemen,
and my Dad's quirky sense of humor!
On our honeymoon Michael and I visited Haiti, Dominican Republic,
U.S.Virgin Islands Territory (St. Thomas) and the Bahamas.
Port au Prince, Haiti
5-27-2011

Subsequently via another cruise, we have visited
St. John's and Puerto Rico.

When you cruise, you do get to visit different countries
but it is in a very controlled way, and not really geared to the country
so much as it is geared to tourism.
cruise ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico harbor

As tourists, we do have to be careful about going off the beaten track
depending on the country, political air, etc.

Michael and I were able to explore the 'back roads' in Haiti,
St. Thomas and St. John's for just a brief jaunt.
We got in big trouble in Haiti, but that is a story for another time!
We kinda' got lost in St. Thomas, and we were not welcome
where we wandered to. Oh well. We did see a wonderful old cemetery
but we didn't go in as we didn't want to inadvertently offend anyone.
Savan Jewish Cememtery, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Although, I do love cemeteries.
So much history and life drama and beautiful art.

When I start my blog with a 'hello' in a different language,
or  say 'peace'
or a seasonal greeting,
I try to pick a language that perhaps some of my readers are familiar with.
To me, they are 'foreign' simply because I am not fluent in that language.
But it sure would be fun to be able to communicate in the local language,
when I get to really travel around that is!
Until then, I will continue to do
'armchair traveling'.
That means checking out new countries by movies,
documentaries, tv specials - and of course my trusty internet!

Navratri Festival, or Festival of Dance
Ahmedabad, India, 2011
Here's a little challenge for you:
Watch one of your favorite movies
but in a different-than-your-own language!
Check out a Steven Seagal movie in Spanish!
Watch Jackie Chan in Mandarin!
See a James Bond movie in French!
It's quite fun.
:0)

La Baule, western France
10/02/2011

I hope you have had fun with my little anecdotes and photos
of places around the world.
I would love to feature each country that checks out my blog,
but if I did that and no other topics, it would take me almost 3 months!!
So, I will do little bits here and there,
and will always 'tag' the country that I have blogged about.
If there is a country that YOU would like to learn more about,
let me know!
Check out past blogs for Brazil, Czech Republic and Holland.

traditional Belgium costumes
http://www.gettyimages.com/
That's it for today!
Have a wonderful family time tomorrow,
while giving thanks to God for all His gifts.
Happy Thanksgiving!

inkspired

http://www.inkspired.etsy.com/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment