Monday, May 2, 2011

More Tulip Tales

Hello!
Today I will be telling more tales about my tulips!

These are some of my Art Nouveau Alphabet letters that I have sized and tweaked, hand colored and placed in recycled bottlecaps, backed with very sturdy magnets:






I sell these in my etsy shop:
I like the little Dutch girls in the letter "I"!

(Yeah, I know. I need to get better pictures of my "L".)


Here are some paper dolls with tulips:

These are from a 10 Dolls, 10 Nations vintage paper doll set.
Thanks again to OrigamiBears. See side bar for web site.
courtesy of VivaLasVegaStamps: a flower fairy.
See side bar for web site.


courtesy of Dover Publications. See side bar for web site.

Yes, it's true. I have ONE tulip blooming now. It is very pretty, with a pink color.
I would like more tulips now!
I have many many buds, but no flowers yet.
I hope they survive the freeze and rain and even perhaps snow that we will probably get this month.

this is a finished card, using a Peddler's Pack stamp.
They have some really great ones!


 Here is a painting by Claude Monet.
I love his colors and brush strokes!
"Tulips in Holland" by Claude Monet


NikkiCrossApplesauce makes these wonderful origami tulips,
and sells them in her etsy shop.


Picnic Pockets

This is a kirigami cutting that I have done. Then I went back and filled in the 'holes' with leftover scraps of origami paper, to bring the design out.
It is one of my favorites!

Lovely silk tulip wreath by http://www.elegantholidays.etsy.com/ 

This is another of Laura Walsh Anglund's precious paper dolls:



A parrot tulip

I'd like to finish today with a photo that has many different, great ideas on how to display cut flowers. I hope you see something you will want to try!
courtesy grinandbakeit.com

Enjoy the rest of your day!

inkspired

No comments:

Post a Comment