Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rocky Mountains, paper dolls and deviled egg recipes (more!)

Hi y'all!
Mt. Evans, Rocky Mountains

Today I am off to the Women's Retreat our church is having in Idaho Springs, CO.  Idaho Springs is an old mining town in the Rocky Mountains.  We will be meeting in the BeauJo's Pizza conference room.  If you don't have a BeauJo's pizza around, I am sad for you. Their pizzas are YUM! You don't order by the diameter size, you order by the pound!

I will be leading a small devotional on prayer, and teaching the napkin decoupage on glass technique later.  You can find the tutorial in an earlier blog.
yeah, I still don't know why this one is sideways!
We are also building time in the schedule for chatting and getting to know one another. Really, you can't have a Women's Retreat without coming into it knowing that we like to talk!

There will also be things to do if you finish your projects early. Among other things, we are going to play with paper dolls! Cathy has the most wonderful magnetic paper dolls. I have never seen anything like them. The clothes are like magnetic fiber paper or something. I am looking forward to researching this further at a later time.

I will be bringing my big Barbie dress up folder, with re-usable stickers. Way fun. Of course I have a Barbie one? Did you doubt it?

Golden Angel Barbie, c.2006
and no, I don't have this one. Boo hoo.

Since I will be playing with paper dolls, I thought you might like to also!
Here is a great Twiggy paperdoll, courtesy of OrigamiBears.
I picked her because of the bright colors in her costumes!






"Educating the mind without educating the heart
is no education at all."
- Aristotle

c.1908

Here is another fun paper doll for you to play with:


"Hobbit House" by MyGardenRocks, etsy.
She does wonderful rock painting!
Mountain lamb, Denver Zoo

c.1903

I realized that I have not given out any more deviled egg recipes!
My oops.
So, here are a couple more,
just in case you are still wading your way
 through mountains of hard boiled Easter eggs!

From Ladies Home Journal '100 Great Appetizer and Snack Recipes' :

Curried Stuffed Eggs

8 large hard cooked eggs, halved
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs sour cream
1 Tbs chutney
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Paprika for garnish

Place the egg yolks, mayonnaise, sour cream, chutney, curry, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor.
Process until mixture is smooth.
With a pastry bag or spoon, fill egg white halves.
Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
Makes 16 half eggs.

tips:
>I never let the lack of a food processor stop me. I can cream most things with my hand mixer.
>No pastry bag? Put everything into a Baggie. Snip a hole in one bottom corner. Squeeze out through hole for a controled piping of contents.
>>This also works GREAT for piping chocolate as a decoration,
or drizzling glaze/frosting onto a baked goodie.

I picked this next one because it had celery seed, and some other tweaked ingredients from previous deviled egg recipes:
Mustard Stuffed Eggs

8 large hard cooked eggs, halved
1/3 Cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs sour cream
1 tsp grated onion
14 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
Snipped fresh chives or parsley sprigs, for garnish

Place the egg yolks, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, mustard, salt, celery seed, and red pepper in a blender or food processor.
Process mixture until smooth.
With a pastry bag or spoon, fill egg white halves.

Garnish with chives or parsley, if desired.
Makes 16 half eggs.
Time for me to say goodbye for now.
inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment