Monday, April 18, 2011

Robins Nesting

Good day to you!

I was working on a jigsaw puzzle this morning in my dining room, and was hearing this scritch scratch noise.

scritch, scratch.

scritch, scratch.

I looked out the window, but saw nothing. I opened the door and saw nothing. I opened the glass screen door, and...

There were a pair of robins trying to build a nest on the door handle of our front glass door!

They had just started, so I didn't feel guilty about picking off the strands of grass and wet leaves; letting them flutter to the ground.


scritch, scratch.
uh oh.
I opened the front door, and as my Great Dane is always interested whenever a door opens, he came to stand and look outside through the glass door. I figured this would discourage any more thought of nest building on our door handle.

It has. But oh....I would have enjoyed watching the robins build their nest so!

"My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather."
- Terry Guillemets

circa 1907

yes, that's a robin.

“I realized that If I had to choose,
I would rather have birds than airplanes.”
- Charles Lindbergh

Here is a nice maze for the kids:


another robin's nest

"The structure of a play
is always the story of how
the birds came home to roost." - Arthur Miller

This cute (and free) little robin and nest cross stitch design is from

You could also use this as a beading design :0)

Here is a basket of eggs that you can use any color to decorate them:
"Use those talents you have. You will make it.
You will give joy to the world.
Take this tip from nature:
The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang
except those who sang best."
- Bernard Meltzer

Searching the internet, I came across this wonderful budget decorating idea:
I am sorry, I didn't write down who wrote the blog.
If you know, please tell me so I can give due credit.

She found an abandoned robin's nest on the ground, well after nesting season was over. After picking it up, she placed it on top of some vertical blinds she has in her family room. She said it has been there for several years now!
I also like how she has hung a hummingbird decoration close to it.

available at hollyandivychristmasshop.com for $18.50. She is 9" tall. 

"I think people who don't believe in God are crazy.
How can you say there is no God when you hear the birds
singing these beautiful songs you didn't make?" - Little Richard
by Chinese artist, Mr. Ou Yang

On that (bird) note, I will close for today.
sending you many drops of laughter,

inkspired

1 comment:

  1. Found your maze on Pinterest and found my way here. LOVE robins as they are our state bird here in Michigan. Great blog post! Thanks for sharing. I enjoy vintage, crafts and quotes too, and have an educational-crafty site & blog. All the patterns and templates are FREE. http://www.teachwithme.com/ Hope you can pop on over for a visit. Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete