Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's a Tulip time! with deviled egg recipes

Good day!

As I wait for my first tulips to bloom, I am impatient!
Other people's tulips have bloomed.
What, did I get slow learners?

"QUIET! bulbs resting."

a fun quote I have no idea where I found it!

So, today is a perfect Tulip kind of day!
Perhaps my tulip buds will get the message and actually bloom!

"I think of the garden after the rain;
And hope to my heart comes singing.
At morn the cherry-blooms will be white
And the Easter bells be ringing!"

- Edna Dean Proctor, 'Easter Bells'


Basic Deviled Egg Recipe:

1 doz Hard Boiled (Easter) eggs
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs yellow mustard
1 tsp white vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dash of Paprika

Here is an "Ultimate" Deviled egg recipe:

6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dill
2 Tbs finely chopped onion (I like to use green onions, including the green stems)
1 Tbs mustard
1/2 tsp vinegar
dash of Cayenne
Here is a sweet Danish paper doll:


"Flowers are the stars of earth -
Stars are the flowers of heaven."

VivaLasvegaStamps - see website on side bar




tulip fields in Holland

"I have a rock garden...
Last week, three of them died."



I have a few other outfits for this paper doll that I will be sharing in future blogs.
But we just had to have Miss Holland with our Tulip Time!

"Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket,
then counting your blessings before they hatch."
- Ramona C. Carroll

c.1901

Shrimp Dilled Deviled Eggs
from Land O Lakes 'Treasury of Country Recipes'

6 eggs
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
4 1/4-oz. can deveined medium shrimp, rinsed, drained
2 Tbs chopped green onions
1 Tbs chopped fresh dill weed OR 1 tsp dried dill weed
Pinch of Pepper
1 Tbs lime juice
2 tsp country-style Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
Fresh Dill Weed for garnish

Boil eggs. I don't give directions because I live in High Altitude country, so my boiling stuff is different than 'low landers'!
Peel eggs, cut in half crosswise.

Remove egg yolks, set whites aside. Place yolks in medium bowl; mash with fork.
Add mayonnaise, shrimp, onions, dill weed fresh or dried, see ingredients list. Add pepper, lime juice, mustard and hot pepper to yolks.
Stir to blend.

Spoon about 1 Tbs egg yolk mixture into each egg white; garnish with sprig of dill weed.
Since these are cut in half crosswise, they store and travel very easily in the egg carton the eggs came in. I prefer the cardboard type carton.
Refrigerate until served.
1stopclickandshop.com



"There is a voice that doesn't use words.
Listen."

- Rumi

Keukenhof garden tours, Amsterdam

Thanks for taking the time to share with me in this Tulip time.
Do you have a deviled egg recipe to share?

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment