Sunday, April 17, 2011

Favorite Jello recipe!

Hi!
I just have a couple of minutes, but I wanted to post something today!

I thought perhaps some of you would like a nice spring green jello salad recipe. I love this stuff so much that I kind of hoard it, and don't offer it to friends/guests.
I want it all!! I want it all!!!

Fortunately for my greediness, neither my son or husband likes it.

More for me!
Lime Jello Cottage Cheese salad:

1 small box lime jello
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 Cup hot water
3/4 Cup room temp water
1 Cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 Cup cottage cheese

Mix the jello with the hot water, stirring until dissolved.
Add the 3/4 cup cold water, stir.

Add the drained pineapple. Stir.
Add the cottage cheese. Stir.
Add the pecans. Stir.

tip: I like to use a metal whisk to mix things thoroughly.

Pour into bowl, and cover with seran wrap. Chill.
Try to let it 'set' before you start eating it (a difficult task for me).

I like this one because it does not have any added sugar, or sweet marshmallows.

Yum!

Sorry it is so short today, but perhaps today will make up for all the times I get too wordy!

Enjoy the day.
inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment