Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Duck, Duck, Goose!


Welcome!
Duck, Duck, Goose

Today I am reminded of the game "duck, duck, goose!" we played as children. For those of you not familiar with it, here are (our) the rules:
All the kids sit in a circle. One child starts out, circling the group and tapping the top of each head from the back while saying "duck......duck.....duck.....duck". At a random moment, she says "GOOSE!".  The 'goose' has to jump up and chase the child around the circle, hoping to tag her before she can pop into the circle and find a seat.
I suppose it could be compared to a version of 'upside down fruit basket'.

I remember quivering with excitement, hoping I would be chosen as the 'goose'!

duck...

duck....

duck...
one of a kind recycled bottlecap art by inkspired

GOOSE!!!
vintage ad for Pearline crackers

"Our memories are an untidy family album
crammed with images and dreams,
scattered and uncatalogued,
 and their sudden recurrence is wholly unpredictable."
- Don Freeman
What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites (Duck & Goose)

Here is a paper doll by Current. I have previously posted her friend (see March blogs, Ireland) and will continue to post international costumes for them to wear. Today's outfit representing Holland includes a little goose - or is that a duck? - so I thought it fit in with our theme perfectly!

Thanks to OrigamiBears for her wonderful paper doll web site!

"As long as I continue to hear "normal" people
telling me I am too childish, I know I'm doing just fine."
- Wayne Dyer, motivational speaker

GOOSE!!!

thank you to Dover for sharing images from their books

decorated eggs with paper cut outs

Why couldn't we use stickers for similiar results?!

So, when's the last time you quacked like a duck?
inkspired
QUACK!!!

1 comment:

  1. so cute!
    The paper doll brings me back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete