Monday, April 11, 2011

Cherry blossoms for Spring

Hello!
The weekend was so blustery with wind - ick. However the wind blew in some wonderful sunshine today! My daffodils are loving it!

I also have some small purple flowers that are coming up around my daffodils. I know I must have planted them, but I don't remember what kind they are!

“More grows in the garden than gardener sows.”
- Spanish proverb

My tulips leaves are still growing, but no sign of a bud yet. Our weeping cherry tree is beautiful with tiny white/pink flowers all along the flowing branches.

Let's enjoy some cherry blossoms today!

Here is a lovely Japanese Dolls of the World Barbie, with a traditional costume:


Feel like coloring a bit? I know I'm not the only 'adult' out there who likes to color!

If you have kids, sit them down after school today,
drag out a big box of crayons,

and have a fun Mom with Kids time!

(Don't you get so tired of the pick-up-the-kids-take-them-to......?)
Slow down!
My husband found a great coloring page site for me last night!
The cherry blossom tree is from it.
I also found the same site on a http://www.squiddo.com/ site.

Here is a lovely website that has the prettiest cherry blossom items for sale:
Look in the Asian Wedding section. Here is a small sample -



“Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers,
But the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms.”
-Ikkyu Sojun
a sakura cherry blossom gold tone pin for sale on www.amazon.com

Well, I think that's it for today!
I do have more cherry blossom poems, quotes, coloring pages and pix for a later time. Isn't this fun?
inkspired

I checked out a new comment (5/2012)
and it looks like a photo album from someone.
Check it out for many many cherry blossom pages,
mostly white blossoms.
http://interestingpe.blogspot.ca/2012/05/2011-sakura-toronto-high-park-cherry.html
Thanks to all my viewers!
and yes....
I am still super excited about my New York Art Gallery showing!!
:0)
(see May, 2012 blogs)

2 comments:

  1. You for got to mention how tall the WEEPING CHERRY TREE gets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ann,
    Weeping cherry trees range from 20 to 40 feet in height!
    :0)
    inkspired

    ReplyDelete